At Growing Globe Immigration, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Who we are;
- When and why we collect your data;
- How we collect information;
- About cookies;
- About email disclaimers;
- How to delete, suspend or unsubscribe from your account;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to object;
- Make changes to your data;
- How to request your data;
- How to transfer your data;
- Collection of personal information;
- What type of information is collected;
- How do we protect your personal information; and
- Breaches in security
Who we are?
Growing Globe Immigration is a private immigration agency. When our clients sign up, an Account Manager will call them to provide them with a quote for our paid immigration services. Our company headquarters are located at 99 Yorkville Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, ON Canada M5R 1C1
When do we collect personal data about you?
- Sign up with us;
- Interact with us either in person or via;
- Phone calls;
- Our website and social media platforms; and
- Please note that you can change your settings on your computer to reject cookies.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
Below is a list of why we collect data, these may include:
- Marketing communications that you have requested on our sign-up pages or from your updated profile include information about Uniworld Immigration:
- Products and services;
- Events and promotions;
- Promotions of our associated partners Please note these marketing communications are subscription-based and require your consent; and/or
- Products and services that you have purchased from us
- Perform direct sales based on a reply to a ‘Contact me or other web forms that were completed on one of our Growing Globe Immigration sites or emails;
- Provide access and services related to our Evaluations, IELTS, or Canadian Visa
- Provide access to our Customer Support portal when you request assistance;
- Perform contractual obligations like:
- Order confirmations;
- Notifications about any disruptions to our services; and/or
- Process a job application
- Follow-ups on incoming requests from:
- Customer support;
- Chats; and/or
- Phone calls
- Direct marketing;
- Help resolve any disputes, collect fees, and carry out troubleshooting activities;
- Improve our services and website; and
- Conduct surveys for market research
We also collect data about:
- Partners; and
- Persons seeking a job or working in our company
How do we collect information?
We collect information in several different ways. One of these ways is through cookies and beacons.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are little pieces of data that are stored by your browsers when you go on any website. A cookie helps your browser to remember if you have visited a website before, for example entering in login details or faster loading speeds when you reopen the tab. If you don’t want cookies to be enabled, you can specify in your browser to disable them.
How to disable cookies
Depending on what device you use to browse the internet, you can specify that you want to stop “Cookie Tracking”. Here is how to disable cookies on different browsers
When I disable cookies will I still get advertisements?
Yes, even when you disable cookies you can still receive advertisements from other sites. The only difference is that any advertisement you see is not based on your interest or preference.
About cookies and how we use them
- To view how our users interact on our pages;
- To track certain demographics about our users that are relevant for market research purposes;
- To display appropriate content that users have expressed an interest in; and
- To collect information about user’s reactions to certain This is also done through the use of Atlas pixel to help measure conversion rates and help us market to the right users
When do cookies not need consent to collect information
- A cookie does not need consent if it is used to:
- Communicate with our company; or
- Provide a service or product;
- Transfer information needed for our services or products;
- If cookies are used to:
- Track you when you fill on online forms, purchases, or track user input;
- Authenticate you are a legal user that can log into our system;
- Store technical data with multimedia cookies that allow playbacks from video or other audio formats;
- Secure user security cookies to ensure that no authentication abuse has occurred;
- Customize your language preferences or font styles; and
- Share third-party plug-in content for those who are logged into our system
How are cookies stored?
- There are three ways to store cookies.
- On our web server which helps store cookie data from the webpage, you load on either your phone/tablet/computer;
- On an external web server that manages files and stores cookies; and
How long do we store cookie data?
What are the different types of cookies?
- Cookies can be divided into two different types according to:
- Lifespan cookies are either:
- A session cookie, which means that when you close your browser the information is removed; and
- A persistent cookie, which means that the cookie data remains on the device you used to go online with
- Domain cookies are either;
- First-party cookies which are automatically set by the web server and have the same domain; or
- Third-party cookies, which are stored on a different domain to the visited webpage