• Open Hours: Mon - Sat 9.00 - 18.00

Study Permit Overview

Language Schools

Many schools in Canada teach English or French as a second language. There are many ways to study in French across Canada.

Designated Learning Institutions

International student enrollment in schools is approved (or "designated" by provinces and territories). These establishments are referred to as designated learning institutes (DLI). If you need a study permit, your acceptance letter must be from a DLI. If it isn’t, we will refuse your application. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are DLIs.

How to Apply to a School, College or University

Once you choose a school, college or university, you must apply to go there. Every school has different rules on how to apply.

Make sure you apply at least:

  • Six months in advance if you want to study at a primary or secondary school.
  • A year in advance for a post-secondary program at a university, college, etc.

Contact the school where you want to study to learn how to apply. They will give you the list of all the documents you need to send them. Your school will be able to tell you about:

  • Tuition fees
  • Health insurance
  • Rent and how much it costs to live in Canada
  • Language tests

Apply online or by mail to the school or schools of your choosing. To submit them, adhere to their guidelines. You will receive an acceptance letter from the school if they decide to accept you as a student. This letter is required in order to apply for a study permit.

Ready to Start your Visa Process?


Customers & Clients

We’re happy to discuss your Immigration Options to Canada

Let’s Start
The Conversation.